Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor Film Production Technology and Film Technology & Visual Effects
Salary Scale: £43,403 to £56,042
Within Birmingham City University’s School for Computing and Digital Technology, the Digital Media Technology Centre teaches BSc courses in Film Production Technology and Film Technology & Visual Effects. With growing numbers on these courses we are looking to recruit new staff at Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor level. We are particularly interested in people who have experience of developing and delivering technical and innovative solutions within the film and/or visual effects industries; ideally within areas such as cinematography, production workflows, digital pipelines, CGI modelling, simulated effects or compositing.
- Educated to BSc level in a related technical or computing field,
- Industry experience including work on a portfolio of innovative industry projects and productions.
- PhD in a related technical or computing field or equivalent,
- MSc in a related technical or computing field or equivalent,
- Experience of working in or managing industrial or academic research and development teams/projects,
- History of publications in technical or academic journals and/or conferences,
- Experience of teaching,
- Member of a professional society representing a technical craft in the film or visual effects industry.
What they would need to do:
- Play a leading role in the development and delivery of technical modules and industry relevant learning activities on our BSc film and visual effects courses.
- Work within the internationally recognised DMT Lab research group, developing new areas of innovative research.
- Develop industry links and partnership projects for our teaching and research.
Please see https://jobs.bcu.ac.uk/vacancies.aspx to apply. Closing date is 5 October 2016.